With house plots becoming smaller, particularly in the inner suburbs, bigger families and rezoning of existing house plots – the popularity of double storey homes is increasing.
Whilst on a cost per metre basis compared to single stories, double stories do cost more – when the block is cheaper to buy (because of its smaller size) – the difference in cost becomes negligible.
And the benefits of a double story are worth consideration:
- You can fit more living space into a smaller footprint than a single storey build
- You have the flexibility to create separate living spaces without compromising your outdoor spaces
- You can have the bedrooms downstairs and the living areas upstairs to take advantage of any views
- Easy to give the teenagers their own spaces, separate from mum and dad
- Plenty of room for the pool in the back yard
- You can afford to live closer to the city if you buy a smaller block and then maximise the living spaces with a double storey build
- Double stories are not double the price of a single storey – costs are usually only 15% higher on a cost per metre basis
So if you are looking for a new home builder or want more information about new homes, granny flats, home extensions or home renovations call Bonza Builders on 1300 733 052 or complete our enquiry form.